Q. How do I write a research paper?
Here are some ideas to get started:
- Read the assignment carefully. If you have questions, ask your instructor. You want to be sure you understand what you need to do.
- What is your deadline? How much time do you have to select a topic, find evidence, write, and revise? Make a schedule.
- Brainstorm topic ideas.
- Use the Start Your Research guide to begin.
- Make a research consultation appointment with a librarian.
- Make an appointment with a Writing Center tutor.