Q. Does the library have access to the Harvard Business Review database?
Print: Lauinger Library subscribes to the Harvard Business Review and current copies can be requested at the Circulations and Reserve Desk. Older issues are arranged alphabetically on the second floor.
Electronic: Due to restrictions set by Harvard Business School Press NO direct linking to articles are allowed: “Harvard Business Review Notice of Use Restrictions, Harvard Business Review and Harvard Business Publishing Newsletter content on EBSCOhost is licensed for the private individual use of authorized EBSCOhost users. It is not intended for use as assigned course material in academic institutions nor as corporate learning or training materials in businesses. Academic licensees may not use this content in electronic reserves, electronic course packs, persistent linking from syllabi or by any other means of incorporating the content into course resources. Business licensees may not host this content on learning management systems or use persistent linking or other means to incorporate the content into learning management systems. Harvard Business Publishing will be pleased to grant permission to make this content available through such means. For rates and permission, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.”
Your Georgetown University tuition covers electronic access to Harvard Business Review. Students can access articles at no charge through EBSCO’s Health Business FullTEXT. Use the Georgetown University Library catalog. Search “Harvard Business Review”. Follow the link to Health Business Elite FullTEXT.
To get to an article of interest, use the database Health Business FullTEXT and use the citation to drill down to the full text, for example:
- If you have the citation:
Collins, J. C. and Porras, J. I. (1996). “Building your company’s vision”. Harvard Business Review. 74:5, pp. 65-77.
- Search in the catalog “Harvard Business Review” and select the journal:
http://catalog.library.georgetown.edu/record=b1434947~S4 and click on the Health Business FullTEXT link
- OR bookmark or make this link your favorite and refer to it when ever you need to go into Harvard Business Review (HBR):
- Once you are the page for HBR, on the right, select the year the citation is from; in this case 1996
- Then select the volume and issue number; in this case volume 74, issue 5
- The articles are arranged by page number, you might have to go to the next page to get to pages 65-77. You can also confirm the article by the author or article title
- Select the PDF image, that way you the image will include any pictures, graphs, tables, and other graphics
- If you are using RefWorks, don’t forget to save the citation
Then you are ready to search for your next article.
Or you can purchase the article, as well as cases, from the Harvard Business Publishing