Answered By: Deb Cook Last Updated: May 22, 2018 Views: 292
Instructions for Printing to a Public Computer
- Select the Print command in the program you're using. Allow the program to run through its normal printing procedure. When prompted, enter your NetID. This is extremely important since only jobs matching your NetID display on release stations.
- Swipe your GOCard in the card reader located in the keyboard at the Pharos Print Station or use your Mobile GOCard from Usher Identity. This will allow you to choose the job you want to print. Click or tap on your print job, then click the Print button.
- Your job will then print, charging your account. The total job cost will display when selected, so check to make sure the charges are correct before printing. If there are insufficient funds to print the job, the Pharos station will not allow the job to print. If this is the case, go to the nearest GOCard Value Transfer Station and add money to your Debit Dollars account (you can also go to gocard.georgetown.edu to add money to your account). Your print job will remain in the print queue for approximately 2 hours, after which it will be deleted and you will have to send the job again.
- Click on the Logout button at the Pharos Print Station.
If you encounter a problem while printing, please use the telephone in the lab to contact the Student Help Desk or call 202-687-4577 from your cell phone. Please do not attempt to fix the problem yourself.
Note: Printing in the UIS computer labs using a lab computer or your own, requires the use of your GOCard to pay for all print jobs.
Computers automatically print double-sided. If you need single-sided you must change the print setting.
Color printing is available for $.20 a page in the following library locations:
- Blommer Science Library - Reiss 302 (Color)
- Lauinger Library First Floor (Color)
- Lauinger Library Second Floor (Color)
- Lauinger Library Third Floor (Color)
For more information go to: Printing.