Q. What do the Lean Library checkboxes do?
What do "skip the popup" and "show timer" boxes mean in Lean Library Settings?
When you're in Lean Library's Settings display (click the extension, then the gear icon for Settings), you may see two checkboxes / option boxes:
"Skip the popup and automate my access":
- When you are on a site with library access, Lean will automatically redirect you through the proxy. The Lean Library popup will only display briefly or not at all. Instead, you'll either get the GU NetID login screen (if you need to log in) or access to the resource (article, book, etc.)
- Lean Library will still display popups for other messages, like ILL options.
- If you leave this box unchecked, Lean Library will display a popup with a "Get Access" button -- but you'll need to manually click the button to actually get full-text. This can be useful if you'd like to control whether Lean Library redirects through the proxy.
"Show timer, when extension will close automatically":
- When checked, Lean Library will show a timer for a few seconds at the bottom of certain popups. After the timer expires, Lean Library will close the popup.
- In order to see the timer, you need to have Skip the popup checked as well (i.e. both boxes). If Skip the popup is unchecked, checking Show timer won't have any effect.
- The timer length is system-wide, so unfortunately it can't be customized for individual users! However, you can pause the timer by clicking the pause icon, and if the popup disappears too quickly, it's easy to show again -- just click the Lean Library extension button in your browser to bring the popup back.
Questions about Lean Library? Email email@example.com