Q. COVID-19 : Can I request physical materials from other libraries through InterLibrary Loan (ILL)?
Yes, the ILL office is now requesting physical materials from other libraries on behalf of Georgetown University Library users. Requests can be submitted via ILLiad. Please note that it is taking longer than normal for materials to arrive at the library.
- We estimate it will be at least three weeks after a request is submitted to ILL for a physical item to arrive.
- Materials borrowed through ILL this academic year are expected to be returned to the library by their due dates.
- If ILL materials are taken out of town, you must mail them back, postmarked by the due date.
- Overdue fees will be in effect for ILL materials borrowed this academic year.
- There is a limit of 15 outstanding requests in ILLiad for all users. This includes
- Physical material requests (including items checked out to you)
- Article and book chapter requests for Georgetown University Library materials that are in process and have not been delivered to your account.
- E-book, article, and book chapter requests from other libraries that are in process and have not been delivered to your account.