Q. How do I request microfilm from the Library of Congress through ILL?

LOC has some material on microfilm that could be useful to my senior thesis. Their website is unclear about how exactly I request this kind of material, but it does seem to suggest that I can go through the normal ILL process. These are microfilm of Confederate documents in the manuscript division, so their classification is a problem for the request.


Hello Kevin,

Library of Congress does not normally lend their material.  You can request this microfilm using our ILL form and we will try to get it for you from a lending library.


Or you visit the Library of Congress and use the micorfilm there.


  • Last Updated Dec 16, 2019
  • Views 187
  • Answered By Jennifer Boettcher

FAQ Actions

Was this helpful? 0   0