Q. How do i have a book replacement fee reversed?

Earlier this summer, I was assessed a book replacement fee of $70, but I returned the book in question shortly thereafter. The fee is still on my student account. How can I have it reversed? Thanks!


You are correct; the books you were charged for were indeed returned. However, the $70 charge you incurred in June of this year was assessed because you returned the 7 books when they were extremely overdue -- our overdue fines cap at $10 per item. Therefore, you incurred a charge of:

7 items x $10 per item = $70.

If you have any further questions about this issue, please feel free to reply here or call our Circulation Desk directly -- 202.687.7607.

  • Last Updated Dec 18, 2019
  • Views 225
  • Answered By Alex Vallejo

FAQ Actions

Was this helpful? 0   0