- Libraries & Spaces
How do I clear my web browser's cache, cookies, and history?
Last Updated: Mar 17, 2016 | 168 Views
Was this helpful? 0 1
If you don't see your browser listed below, search the help menu associated with the browser for "clear cache", "clear cookies", or "clear history". If you don't see the menu bar in your browser, press Alt.
- Internet Explorer 9 and 8
- Internet Explorer 7
- Safari for iOS (iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch)
- Launch the browser
- Press Menu, then More
- Press Settings
- Scroll down to Privacy Settings
- Select Clear cache, Clear history, or Clear all cookie data, as appropriate, and then tap OK to accept the deletion
- In the browser bar, enter: chrome://settings/clearBrowserData
- In the dialog that appears, select the checkboxes for the types of information that you want to remove.
- Use the menu at the top to select the amount of data that you want to delete. Select beginning of time to delete everything.
- Click Clear browsing data.
- Select Clear Recent History... from the History menu or the Tools menu.
- Use the menu at the top of the dialog that appears to select the amount of data that you want to delete. Select Everything to delete everything.
- Click the Clear Now button and the window will close.
- Click Tools, and select Delete Browsing History...
- Deselect Preserve Favorites website data, and select Temporary Internet files, Cookies, and History.
- Click Delete.
- Click Tools and select Delete Browsing History...
- Click Delete files..., Delete cookies..., and Delete history... individually.
- Click Close, and then click OK to exit.
- Click Settings and select Delete Private Data.
- In the dialog box that appears, select the data to delete, then click Delete.
- Click the Safari menu, then select Reset Safari...
- In the menu that appears, select the items you want to delete, and then click Reset.
- From the Home screen, tap Settings.
- Tap Safari.
- Tap Clear History and Clear Cookies and Data.
- Exit back to the Home screen.